Advertising and promotion, marketing, food and consumer package goods marketing, and sales and business marketing majors at Western Michigan University belong to numerous organizations across campus. The following organizations are associated with these majors in particular; many other business-related student organizations are active among and open to the students in the Haworth College of Business. The University strives to add value to the lives of its learners and continuously improve the quality of its programming to meet the needs and expectations of the communities it serves.
The WMU AdClub is dedicated to providing:
- Professional and social networking opportunities for students interested in pursuing a career in the advertising industry.
- Industry speakers on a weekly basis throughout the academic year.
- Participation in various career conferences in Detroit, Chicago and New York City.
- Annual resume book, which is distributed to more than 75 advertising firms throughout the U.S.
The WMU AdClub is also a collegiate chapter of the American Advertising Federation, the largest and oldest advertising trade association in the U.S., representing 50,000 professionals in the industry.
American Marketing Association
The WMU chapter of the American Marketing Association facilitates industry and alumni guest speakers, arranges exclusive events and tours, helps with internships and job opportunities, and promotes participation in marketing case competitions.
Food Marketing Association
The Food Marketing Association facilitates interaction between food industry company representatives and students, and also provides opportunities for networking among members. By focusing on the long-term goals of business students and the needs of employers, the FMA strives to create community and opportunities for student success. The Food Marketing Association sponsors several guest speakers, seminars, and industry tours throughout the academic year. The topics covered include industry trends, technology, career opportunities and possible career paths.
Sales and Business Marketing Association
This registered student organization is open to all majors; it is strongly recommended that all sales and business marketing majors join.
- Network with 20 to 25 employers per semester leading to internship and employment opportunities.
- Increase professionalism.
- Gain insight into the multifaceted world of sales via interactions with companies, alumni and faculty.
- Attend social opportunities and fun events.
- Meals included at all meetings.