The Professional Support Staff Organization is committed to promoting and fostering education through professional development, training, recognition and the advancement of our dues paying members.
Who and what is PSSO
PSSO is a strong, united group that works to have a substantial impact on University decisions concerning its members with regard to wages and health and retirement benefits. PSSO members positively represent the organization and Western Michigan University on campus and in the community.
- An organization of non-bargaining unit staff who volunteer their time and energy to support the University.
- Members are often the primary contact a potential student or parent may have with the University prior to making a decision to attend WMU.
- Represents WMU at events such as Fall Welcome, Bronco Bash and Benefits Expo.
- Hosts social gatherings for its members such as the annual spring awards luncheon and bus trips.
- Supports and communicates the concerns of its members to University administration and collaborates to provide solutions.
- General meetings: Quarterly.
- Executive Board meetings: Monthly.
- Administration-Executive Board meetings: Bi-monthly.
- Executive Board working retreats: Bi-annually.
Membership in PSSO provides an opportunity to make a greater impact on campus.
- Attend general meetings
- Volunteer for committees and events
- Provide feedback to the executive board
- Follow us on social media (Facebook)
- Further professional and educational development
Members are eligible for:
- Education assistance for members and their dependents.
- Discounted fees for selected social events.
- Right to vote in PSSO elections and issues.
- Networking with other WMU employees.