The Professional Support Staff Organization Education Assistance Fund is for current PSSO members, their spouses, and dependents. This funding goes towards assistance for things such as supplies or books.
Recipients of the fund will receive the award based on availability of funds. The maximum of the award is $100 per semester. Recipients may receive this award for two consecutive semesters per classification status (freshman 0-25 credit hours, sophomore 26-55 credit hours, junior 56-87 credit hours, senior 88+ credit hours).
An application must be submitted for each semester a PSSO member/dependent wishes to be considered for an award.
Applicants for the award MUST be:
- A current PSSO member or spouse/dependent of a current member
- Enrolled in a minimum of three (3) credit hours during the semester in which the award is paid
- In Good Academic Standing with the University
- Willing to have their name and photo used for publicity in reference to the award
- Expected to participate in the organization (if recipient is a dependent, the member is expected to participate)
The application for both fall and spring of the following academic year must be received no later than Feb. 19 in order to be included in the drawing. Be sure to print a copy of the completed form for your records.
If desired, a paper application may be submitted to: PSSO Assistance Fund Committee, c/o Cindy VanderWoude, University Recreation, mail stop 5447.
At the February General Meeting each year, four names are drawn out of a hat to determine the following academic year winners. Priority will be given to active PSSO members who regularly attend events or are serving on teams, the executive board, or University-appointed committees, over PSSO dependents.