The Professional Support Staff Organization at Western Michigan University is pleased that you have chosen to work at WMU. With our diverse skills, talents and personality, WMU's hard-working and dedicated support staff members make a valued contribution to the University community.
- WMU Benefits-Wellness Expo: The PSSO will be attending this year's Benefits-Wellness Expo on Nov. 10 from 9-3:30 p.m. in the Bernhard Center. Stop by to say hi, chat about the organization, and sign up for the raffle to win some awesome prizes!
- Executive Board: The current executive board members are Shannon Rininger (president), Amber L. Hutson (vice president), Pat Wilcox (secretary), Matthew Alonso, Madison M. Liebler, and Cristine Thomas (member's at large). PSSO is currently looking for more members who are interested in serving on the executive board. This is a great opportunity to network across campus, meet with senior leadership, and advocate for your fellow coworkers. Interested members can contact any one of the board members.
- Membership Drive: Stay tuned for an upcoming announcement regarding membership for the 2022-23 academic year!
- Education Assistance Fund: We are accepting applications the PSSO Education Assistance Fund. This funding is awarded twice a year to eligible members or their dependents.
- Volunteers Needed: Volunteers are always needed and welcomed. We are currently looking for members interested in planning day trips, serve on the membership committee, executive board positions, website and newsletters, executive board elections, lunch and learns, and much more. Please contact a board member if interested. Members interested in serving on any team should send the PSSO board an email through the Contact Us page.
- Western Wellness: The Western Wellness program offers several health and fitness opportunities to all staff.
Calling all PSSO members: We are trying something new as a way to introduce our members. Please contact Amber Hutson with a photo and information about YOU! Include your name, how long you have been a member, how you are involved in PSSO or how you would like to be involved, your title and where you work. That is it! Then sit back and watch our Facebook page for your photo to show up.
- Join Us: Joining the Professional Support Staff Organization at Western Michigan University is a great way for eligible employees to get involved, network with colleagues and have a voice on campus. We are known campus-wide for hosting our Spring Luncheon, distribution of Finals Survival bags during Finals Finish, our annual kettle corn fundraiser and more. New members are welcome year-round. GO BRONCOS!