This concentration is for Michigan certified teachers who would like to earn the TL (Teacher Leader) endorsement along with a master’s degree. It involves the completion of 33-36 graduate credits.
Required Foundation of Practice Courses (12-15 hours)
- ES 6330—Education and Human Flourishing | Credits: 3 hours
- ES 6340—Culture and Politics of Educational Institutions | Credits: 3 hours
- ED 6010—Introduction to Research in Educational Settings | Credits: 3 hours
- ED 6790—Capstone Research Project | Credits: 3 hours OR
- ED 7000—Master's Thesis | Credits: 6 hours
Required Concentration Courses (21 hours)
- ED 6360—Classroom Pedagogy: The Art and Science of Teaching | Credits: 3 hours
- ED 6700—Authority and Autonomy in Schooling | Credits: 3 hours
- EDLD 6300—Data-Informed Decision-Making, Research and Evaluation | Credits: 3 hours
- EDLD 6640—Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Leadership | Credits: 3 hours
- EDLD 6730—Instructional Leadership and Supervision | Credits: 3 hours
- EDLD 6750—The Work of Teacher Leaders | Credits: 3 hours
- EDLD 6760—How Schools Work: Organization, Finance and Legal Systems | Credits: 3 hours
For more information, please contact Dr. Jim Muchmore.