General accounting at Western Michigan University
- Ensure the Western Michigan University’s financial transactions are reported accurately, completely, and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the financial reporting for the University as a whole.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Responsible for the financial reporting systems, PeopleSoft and General Ledger on the Web, and the on line journal entry system for the University.
- Assure compliance for federal, state and all other accounting and audit principles and standards as well as establishing policies and procedures for the University to adhere to these standards.
- Responsible for the University’s annual external audit and the audited published financial statements.
- Provide reporting for the state of Michigan and various other constituents.
- Provide accounting training and support to Western Michigan University departments.