Learn how you can thrive as an honors student at Western.
Join us Friday, October 8 for an open house for future honors students*! The event begins at 9 a.m. ET.
This event will introduce you to Western and the Lee Honors College (LHC) where you’ll experience our campus through the lens of an honors student. You’ll see how WMU can help you find your purpose, build community to thrive, and cultivate the skills to create a meaningful life.
Connect with current honors students to:
- Tour campus, the honors college and their Living Learning Community.
- Learn about the honors thesis and honors-only Study in the States experiences.
- Attend a sample honors class lecture.
- The benefits of being an honors student, such as honors-only courses and special events.
- Your intended major, accelerated programs and graduate school.
- WMU scholarships and how to maximize your scholarship opportunities.
*Membership in the Lee Honors College requires a 3.60 GPA (or higher) for incoming first-year students. Students who meet this requirement will be automatically sent an invitation to join the honors college upon admittance to WMU.
Please review the Visitor Guidelines page for details on any campus safety measures, including face coverings for guests.
About the Lee Honors College
Home to 1,900 high-achieving learners, Lee Honors College students benefit from uniquely tailored courses, focused support from honors mentors and advisors, exclusive housing and special honors-only programs in pre-professional tracks, study abroad and accelerated degrees. We are here to help you show the world what you can DO rather than just what you KNOW.
Fall Open Houses
If you are unable to attend the Honors Open House, but still want to visit campus, please consider joining us for another open house date. Registration details are at wmich.edu/admissions/openhouse. The additional dates are:
- October 29
- November 5
- November 12