A network of programs built on success
How do you get a superior experience with Western's cybersecurity programs? Start with a foundation built on industry best practices, then enlist expert cybersecurity faculty and add in experience-driven learning opportunities. Through this integrated approach, we’re confident you'll be ready to embrace any challenge and advance in the field no matter which of our three programs you pursue.
Which cybersecurity program is right for me?
I love having the flexibility and freedom to find a specific part of cybersecurity I love and do that as my career.
Evelyn Ortiz-Martinez, cybersecurity undergraduate student
What will I learn as a cybersecurity student?
We aim to provide both virtual and in-person learning focused on the student experience. With expert faculty available every step of the way, our students build a solid framework to start their careers. After completing the cybersecurity programs, students will be able to:
- Monitor, analyze and respond to cyberattacks in computer and network systems.
- Identify failing system components that threaten cybersecurity and provide real-time solutions.
- Implement cybersecurity best practices and risk management.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of an organization about cybersecurity.
- Examine the legal, regulatory and policy issues related to securing information systems.
- Make ethical decisions about cybersecurity.
- Work effectively in teams.
Get certified The WMU cybersecurity program prepares you for Network+ and Security+ certification exams, which are two certifications employers seek in their entry-level positions.