- Fill out a new application and submit all required documents. Some documents from your previous application may apply. Contact graduate admissions to have transcripts, resume or CV and letters of recommendation (if applicable) moved to the new application.
- A new personal statement, specific to cybersecurity, is required and must include why you are changing your M.S. degree within cybersecurity. You must address in detail why you believe the new degree choice will be a better fit for you.
- A new application fee may be required.
Changing your master's degree program
Current M.S. in cybersecurity students
How to switch between the M.S. Cybersecurity: Computer Information Systems and the M.S. in Cybersecurity: Computer Science.
To change your degree program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Completed 6 credits (CYCS 5710 and CYIS 5710) with a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Completed no more than 12 credits toward the M.S. in Cybersecurity.
- Be in “Good Standing” with the Graduate College.
- Have no holds on your WMU account.
- Have not previously changed between the two M.S. in Cybersecurity options.
- Submit a new personal statement addressing why you are switching between Cybersecurity: Computer Information Systems to Cybersecurity: Computer Science (vice versa).
- Submit a new application for admittance to WMU. Admission is not guaranteed based on previous admission.
Follow the instructions below to reapply.
Non-cybersecurity master's students
How to switch from another master’s program at WMU to the M.S. in cybersecurity
Note: Because the foundation courses are not offered during summer sessions, you may change to cybersecurity starting in spring or fall semester only.
To change your master’s program to cybersecurity, you must submit a new application for admittance to WMU. Admission is not guaranteed based on previous admission.
Follow the instructions below to reapply and switch to cybersecurity.