The Western Michigan University online and in-person cybersecurity programs are interdisciplinary between the Haworth College of Business and the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences, giving you access to leading industry experts and some of Michigan’s top cybersecurity educators.
The cybersecurity programs will prepare you for positions such as security analyst, cybersecurity manager, secure software developer, cybersecurity specialist, threat hunter, penetration tester, cloud security analyst, network administrator, cybersecurity consultant and many more.
You will gain a diversified knowledge base of the cybersecurity industry and the infrastructure that prevents breaches and cyberattacks.
After completing the cybersecurity programs, you will be able to:
- Monitor, analyze and defend against cyberattacks in computer and network systems.
- Identify failing system components that threaten cybersecurity and provide real-time solutions.
- Implement cybersecurity best practices and risk management.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of an organization about cybersecurity.
- Examine the legal, regulatory and policy issues related to securing information systems.
- Make ethical decisions about cybersecurity.
- Work effectively in teams.