The Hydrogeology Field Course in the Department of Geological and Environmental Sciences at Western Michigan University is a valuable investment for geosciences students and professionals. Many participants report that as a result of completing this training they were able to secure jobs or advance their current positions. The cost of enrolling in the HFC is comprised of tuition, reservation fees, course fees, and WMU fees, listed below.
The HFC is offered as a regional site program.
View tuition rates here.
Rates are set by program of study (undergraduate or graduate), total credit hours, and by residency (Michigan resident or non-resident). Expand either the Undergraduate: Main Campus and Regional Sites link or the Graduate link and then view rates by your residency status.
Note: Tuition is subject to change per the decision of the WMU Board of Trustees.
In addition to tuition, HFC participants are responsible for reservation, course and regular WMU fees.
- Reservation Fee: A reservation fee of $100 for each week you are enrolling must accompany each registration application. This fee is in addition to the course fees listed below and will not show on your bill from WMU. This deposit will be refunded if acceptance is not granted. Following notification of acceptance, however, this deposit will be non-refundable.
- Course Fee: A course fee is required for each week (credit hour) taken and will appear on your bill from WMU:
- GEOS 5230–HAZWOPER: $225 course fee
- All other modules: $125 course fee
- Click here to view other regular WMU fees assessed by program (expand the appropriate field to view fees, either Undergraduate: Main Campus and Regional Sites or Graduate).