The Haenicke Institute for Global Education's (HIGE) “International Partner University of the Year” award recognizes the outstanding work of a University-approved international partner institution that contributed significantly to WMU’s global engagement by providing substantial and/or ground-breaking opportunities for learning, research, study abroad and/or other forms of engagement with WMU’s students, faculty, staff and/or administrators.
- Call for nominations: January 4
- Proposals Nominations Due: March 15
- Final Selection concluded by: March 31
- Announcement and Award Ceremony: April 7-9 at the International Festival
WMU staff or faculty, or administrators who have participated in programs related to that partnership and who have had visited the partner university.
Nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Variety of programs
- Quality and level of interactions between administration, faculty and staff
- Quality and level of relationships with WMU staff and faculty
- Impact on the field of education abroad and internationalization
- Number of students sent to WMU
- Number of Faculty exchanged
- Number of Staff exchanged
- Research collaborations and/or joint publications
- Christ University, International Partner University of the Year
- Sunway University, International Partnership Legacy Award
Supporting documents for nominations:
- A Letter of Nomination describing the contributions of the nominee regarding the criteria listed above.
- Two or more letters of support from faculty, staff, students, administrators, or external constituents.
- Optional – Research, presentations, or publications regarding outcomes from the nominee’s collaboration with HIGE and/or WMU.
Nominators should provide specific information and use descriptive examples to assure candidates receive full consideration.
To nominate an international partner university please fill out the following form: