Transitioning can be a long and stressful process but the following resources may be able to help with transitioning. The Office of LBGT Student Services does not endorse any specific practice, this is only to share information of what is in the accessible area. The Office of LBGT Student Services encourages those who are considering transitioning to do their own research and ask questions to find the best options that work for them.

Medical providers may abide by WPATH standards (ver. 7) where a letter from a licensed therapist may be required before proceeding with hormones. Hormones can carry both positive and negative side effects depending on age, genetics, and pre-existing conditions. Speak to a trusted medical professional about concerns, questions, and options available to you.

Kalamazoo Area Providers:

  • Sindecuse Gender Affirming Care - Sindecuse care providers can review available options for you for gender affirming therapies. You can review the Sindecuse forms for hormone therapy under their Informed Consent Forms.
  • Family Health Center - Offers an affordable sliding scale for a variety of health services.
  • Personal Care Physician - Speak to your personal care physician about your interest and needs regarding hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Some providers may not require a therapist letter to prescribe and begin HRT.

Michigan Area Providers: