The resource room is open and available to anyone who wants to take a break between classes, check out a book from the lending library, or learn more about our programs and events in a safe and welcoming environment. The resource room is home to many of our programs and events that take place throughout the year. Our friendly staff are always excited to welcome new and returning visitors to our resource room. Walk-ins are always welcome during our regular office hours.
Our lending library features LBGT-interest books, magazines and DVDs. Come by and browse our collection of over 1200 books including fiction, mystery, romance, biography, non-fiction, comic books and more. We also subscribe to LBGT-related news magazines such as The Advocate, Out, Lesbian Connection and Between the Lines which are available to you in our resource room.
Books may be checked out for up to two weeks with a WMU Bronco Card ID. DVDs are available for students to watch within the office or can be checked out by student organizations and faculty members. To view our complete list of resources within our library, please view our Library Thing catalog.
Gender Inclusive Housing - additional gender inclusive housing options
Office of Institutional Equity - WMU's nondiscrimination policies and reporting
Office of Student Conduct - includes general student conduct information
Ombudsman Office - assists students with issues that may affect academic success
Spectrum House - a gender and sexuality inclusive living community
University Housing - includes general housing information
On Campus Group Counseling
Sindecuse Health Services offers a variety of groups that students are welcome to drop in and attend. These groups are free and open to WMU students only, more information can be found at the Group Counseling page.
- Chillax - Learn to manage stress and anxiety by applying mindfulness techniques to make everyday life more calm and open to enjoyment. Fridays 11am-12:30pm
- Connecting on the Continuum - LBGTQ+ individuals gain support on issues of identity development, coming out, gender expression, relationships, family issues, and discrimination. Fridays 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- Food. Love. Balance - For students who are experiencing difficulties with eating and/or body image. Mondays 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- When Parents Have Problems - For students struggling with a mentally ill or addicted parent. Fridays 12:30 to 2 p.m.
- WTF: Emotional Survival Skills - From residence hall disasters to teacher troubles, learn skills to change yourself and get along with others. Fridays 10 to 11:30 a.m.