Transitioning can be a long and stressful process but the following supporting resources may be able to help. The Office of LBGT Student Services does not endorse any specific practice, this is only to share information of what is in the accessible area. The Office of LBGT Student Services encourages those who are considering transitioning to do their own research and ask questions to find the best options that work for them.
Medical providers may abide by WPATH standards where a letter from a licensed therapist is required before proceeding with hormones or any surgical procedures. Medical providers may also require therapist sessions be in-person only and may not consider online sessions, be sure to check the provider's requirements.
Transgender Support Groups:
- Trans Thursdays - meets twice a month during the academic year in the Office of LBGT Student Services
- OutFront Kalamazoo Transcend
Kalamazoo Area Licensed Providers:
- WMU Sindecuse Health Center, Counseling Services
- Meredith Psychological and Testing Services
- Hillcrest Counseling
Michigan Area Providers:
- University of Michigan Comprehensive Gender Services Program (CGSP)
- Greater Michigan Gender Services - offers both online and in-office sessions