Telling the WMU story
The Office of Marketing and Strategic Communications helps the WMU community understand and anticipate the issues that affect our campus, region and the world. We coordinate WMU’s key messages to grow its reputation and tell the WMU story through several written and electronic outlets established for the University community and beyond.
- News releases—A compilation of the latest news, research and feature stories from every corner of campus as well as those related to the University. Topics are driven by events and trends and sent to local, state and national media with supporting art and photos for publication by print, broadcast and electronic outlets.
- WMU Events Calendar—The University's only comprehensive events calendar.
- WMU Magazine—A full-color, quarterly publication that highlights alumni, faculty and student research, innovation and success. It is available on campus and to the greater community as well as to alumni around the country.
- WMU News—An online publication of timely news, events and alerts.
- WMU Today—WMU Today is a compilation of internal announcements for faculty, staff and retirees. Items are posted by individuals from across the institution. A digest of the posted items is sent in an email to all faculty, staff and retirees on Tuesdays.
The Office of Marketing and Strategic Communications also coordinates several Universitywide training programs and offers resources such as the Writing for and about WMU guide for faculty and staff communicators.