KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Hundreds of employers will vie for candidates to fill full- and part-time jobs as well as internships and co-op positions during virtual career fairs beginning Wednesday, Feb. 3. The Western Michigan University-organized events are free and open to the public, although they are tailored to college students and recent college graduates through virtual platforms that are safe, convenient and accessible.
Employers have posted jobs to the online career site Handshake. WMU's Career and Student Employment Services and the Zhang Career Center offer advising and resources to help students prepare for interviews and refine their resume. Ahead of the virtual career fairs, special sessions have been created to cover resume critiques on Friday, Jan. 22, career fair prep on Thursday, Jan. 28, and practice interviewing on Friday, Jan. 29. Candidates can sign up for sessions online.
The biggest spring event is the annual February Career Day, which focuses on those seeking employment in such areas as business, health care, aviation, human development, liberal arts, fine arts and science.
Registration is not required for students or other job seekers, but it is recommended participants register on Handshake. To receive information ahead of time about how to use the virtual platform, visit the Career and Student Service resource guide.
Wednesday, Feb. 3
- Marketing, Food/Sales Marketing Career Night, 3 to 6 p.m. View event and registration details. For more information, email Jennifer Palmatier or call (269) 387-2729.
Wednesday, Feb. 10
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Job Fair, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. View event registration and details. For more information, contact Career and Student Employment Services at (269) 387-2745.
Thursday, Feb. 11
- Annual Career Day, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. View event and registration details. For more information, contact Career and Student Employment Services at (269) 387-2745.
Friday, Feb. 18
- Government and Nonprofit Job Fair, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. View event registration and details. For more information, contact Career and Student Employment Services at (269) 387-2745.
Future 2021 Events
- Aviation Outlook Day will be a virtual and in-person event in late May 2021 at the University's Aviation Education Center in Battle Creek.
- Education Career Fair will be a virtual event to be announced as details are determined.
For more WMU news, arts and events, visit WMU News online.