PSSO is pleased that you have chosen to work at Western Michigan University. With our diverse skills, talents and personality, WMU's hard-working and dedicated support staff members make a valued contribution to the University community.
- The PSSO Awards Luncheon is fast approaching. This year's theme is "Cruising". Mark your calendars for May 5 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Fetzer Center. For more information and to reserve your seat on the "cruise", complete the registration form and return to Cindy VanderWoude, University Recreation, MS 5447.
- Due to the Awards Luncheon, there will not be a May General Membership meeting.
- Western Wellness program offerings are available to all staff. To view current opportunities, please click here.
- At the February 2017 General Meeting, two names were drawn out of a hat by guest speaker Darby Fetzer. The 2017-18 recipients of the Educational Assistance Fund are Teresa Sfeir of Health Promotion and Education Department and Kala Willete of Global and International Studies. Congratulations to you both!
- The website committee is looking for a volunteer to serve as author for the organization's website. Duties would include creating webpages, editing current content, and serving as back up publisher. CMS experience is helpful, but not required. If interested, contact Amber Hutson, website committee chair.
Calling all PSSO members! We are trying something new as a way to introduce our members. Please contact Vicky Crawford with a photo and information about YOU! Include your name, how long you have been a member, how you are involved in PSSO or how you would like to be involved, your title and where you work. That is it! Then sit back and watch our Facebook page for your photo to show up!
- We are currently seeking PSSO eligible members to serve on the Membership Committee. If you are interested in serving on this or any committee, send the PSSO board an email through the Contact Us page.
- Joining the Professional Support Staff Organization at Western Michigan University is a great way for eligible employees to get involved, network with colleagues and have a voice on campus. We are known campuswide for hosting our Spring Luncheon, distribution of Finals Survival bags during Finals Finish, our annual Kettlecorn fundraiser and more. New members are welcome year-round. GO BRONCOS!