The Professional Support Staff Organization at Western Michigan University is pleased that you have chosen to work at WMU. With our diverse skills, talents and personality, WMU's hard-working and dedicated support staff members make a valued contribution to the University community.
- Executive Board Election Results: Please join us in congratulating Shannon Rininger (president), Amber Hutson (vice president), Pat Wilcox (secretary), Khanh Hoang (treasurer), Kaycie James, Karlee Pirrota, Terri Simmons, Beth van den Homberg, and Cindy Vanderwoude (member's at large) who have been elected as the 2019-20 Executive Board. Thank you to Kim Feenstra and Patrick Northrop for your service this past year! Your contribution to the organization is deeply appreciated!
- Membership Drive: The 2019-20 membership drive has kicked off and will go through Sep. 30. Application can be completed online or sent to Khanh Hoang at Archives and Regional History Collections via mail at MS 5307 or fax at (269) 387-8484.
- Education Assistance Fund: The drawing for the 2019-20 academic year winners took place at our February general meeting. Congratulations to recipients Karie Dailey, Sarah Rasnake, and Denean Pomeroy who are this upcoming academic year's winners. If you have any questions, please contact Cindy VanderWoude.
- Volunteers Needed:
Volunteers are always needed and welcomed. We are currently looking for members interested in planning day trips. Please contact a board member if interested. Member interested in serving on any other team should send the PSSO board an email through the Contact Us page.
- Mentor/Mentee Program: PSSO is looking to begin a mentor/mentee program to connect new WMU employees with current employees as a "go-to" person. If you're interested in becoming a mentor or would like a mentee, contact Beth van den Hombergh.
- Western Wellness: The Western Wellness program offers several health and fitness opportunities to all staff.
Calling all PSSO members: We are trying something new as a way to introduce our members. Please contact Amber Hutson with a photo and information about YOU! Include your name, how long you have been a member, how you are involved in PSSO or how you would like to be involved, your title and where you work. That is it! Then sit back and watch our Facebook page for your photo to show up.
- Join Us: Joining the Professional Support Staff Organization at Western Michigan University is a great way for eligible employees to get involved, network with colleagues and have a voice on campus. We are known campuswide for hosting our Spring Luncheon, distribution of Finals Survival bags during Finals Finish, our annual Kettlecorn fundraiser and more. New members are welcome year-round. GO BRONCOS!