The Professional Support Staff Organization at Western Michigan University is pleased that you have chosen to work at WMU. With our diverse skills, talents and personality, WMU's hard-working and dedicated support staff members make a valued contribution to the University community.
- PSSO Education Assistance Fund: The drawing for the 2019-20 academic year winners took place at our February general meeting. Congratulations to recipients Karie Dailey, Sarah Rasnake, and Denean Pomeroy who are this upcoming academic year's winners. If you have any questions, please contact Cindy VanderWoude.
- PSSO Executive Board Election Nominations: Nominations are now being accepted for the 2019-20 Executive Board. Current members qualify to nominate and run for a board position. Contact Kaycie James with questions.
- PSSO Service Award Nominations: Nominations are now being accepted for the 2019 PSSO Service Award. Nominations are due to Robin DeHaan by April 12, via email or mail, Department of Physics, MS 5252.
- APA/PSSO Staff Engagement Survey: The Administrative Professional Association and the Professional Support Staff Organization came together and created a staff engagement survey for members to help bridge the recognized gap in assessing staff at WMU in the absence of a staff climate survey, such as those conducted for faculty and students.
- Volunteers Needed:
Volunteers are always needed and welcomed. We are currently looking for members interested in planning day trips. Please contact a board member if interested. Member interested in serving on any other team should send the PSSO board an email through the Contact Us page.
- PSSO Constitution and Bylaws: Revisions to the PSSO Bylaws and Constitution have been approved by membership. Thank you to all involved with this process and for your input!
- Mentor/Mentee Program: PSSO is looking to begin a mentor/mentee program to connect new WMU employees with current employees as a "go-to" person. If you're interested in becoming a mentor or would like a mentee, contact Beth van den Hombergh.
- Western Wellness: The Western Wellness program offers several health and fitness opportunities to all staff.
Calling all PSSO members: We are trying something new as a way to introduce our members. Please contact Amber Hutson with a photo and information about YOU! Include your name, how long you have been a member, how you are involved in PSSO or how you would like to be involved, your title and where you work. That is it! Then sit back and watch our Facebook page for your photo to show up.
- Join Us: Joining the Professional Support Staff Organization at Western Michigan University is a great way for eligible employees to get involved, network with colleagues and have a voice on campus. We are known campuswide for hosting our Spring Luncheon, distribution of Finals Survival bags during Finals Finish, our annual Kettlecorn fundraiser and more. New members are welcome year-round. GO BRONCOS!