Ryan P. Castillo
Location:3234 Sangren Hall, Mail Stop 5257
Mailing address:Department of Sociology
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5257 USA
- M.A., Sociology, Western Michigan University
- B.S., Sociology, Lake Superior State University
Ryan Castillo is a Ph.D. student in the Department of Sociology at Western Michigan University.
- Methods of Data Analysis (SOC 2830)
Areas of Study:
- Technology & Society
- Communication and self-presentation in online environments
- Digital surveillance and privacy
- Social capital
- DeCamp, Whitney, Rebecca Sevin, Kevin Daly, and Ryan P. Castillo. 2023. “Video Game Effects.” In the Cambridge Handbook of Cyber Behavior, edited by Z. Yan. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. In press.
- Watts, Brad R., Ryan P. Castillo, John F. Akwetey, and Dung T. Pham. 2023. “The Program Evaluation Standards in Evaluation Scholarship and Practice.” Journal of MultiDisciplinary Evaluation. In press.
- Castillo, Ryan P. 2020. ““What’s on Your Mind?” Examining the Influence of Facebook User Motivations, Usage Intensity, and Public Self-Disclosure on Perceived Social Capital.” Sociological Focus 53(3):271-292.
- Castillo, Ryan P. 2019. "Exploring the Differential Effects of Social and Individualistic Gameplay Motivations on Bridging Social Capital for Users of a Massively Multiplayer Online Game." Computers in Human Behavior 91:263-270.
- Castillo, Ryan P. 2019. “There’s No “Me” in “Imgur:” Applying SIDE Theory and Content Analysis to Viral Posts on Imgur.com.” The Hilltop Review 11(1):1-13.
- Castillo, Ryan P. 2018. ““People You May (or May Not) Know:” Usage Intensity, Status Motivation, and Intimate Self-Disclosure as Predictors of Bridging Social Capital on Facebook.” The Hilltop Review 10(1):22-32.