Title: Testing for Homogeneity of Odds Ratios Between 2x2 Contingency Tables
Speaker: Sanduni Palliyage, Department of Statistics
Time: January 17, 11 a.m., 6625 Everett Tower
Statistics tutor lab
Free tutoring is available for STAT 1600, 2160, 2600, 3640 and 3660 in 2261 Rood Hall.
--Spring 2020 hours (beginning Jan. 13)
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
--During first week of classes (Jan. 8-10)
Wed, January 8th: 9 am - 4 pm
Thu, January 9th: 9 am - 4 pm
Fri, January 10th: 10 am - 4 pm
- Best jobs? According to 2019 U.S. News & World Report, statistician is the best job in business, the second best job in STEM, and the second best job, period.
- Best master's degrees? According to Forbes.com survey, they are Biostatistics (#1) and Statistics (#2).
- "Employment of statisticians is projected to grow 34 percent from 2014 to 2024," according to the Bureau of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook
Check out the WMU Statistics page. Students, alumni and friends can connect, post job announcements or share items of general interest.
- Aug 28: Classes begin
- Sep 2: Labor Day
- Oct 16-18: Fall break
- Oct 28: Last day to withdraw from classes
- Nov 27: Thanksgiving break (begins at noon)
- Dec 9-12: Final Exam Week
- Dec 14: Commencement
- Jan 6: Classes begin
- Jan. 20: MLK Day
- Feb 28: Spirit Day
- March 2-6: Spring break
- April 20-23: Final Exam Week
- April 25: Commencement