Service Continuity Update (3/25/2020)
By now, you have received multiple communications from President Montgomery and our Provost, Dr. Jennifer Bott, regarding the university’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak. WMU remains open and the Statistics Tutor Lab is here to provide academic support designed to enhance learning. The Stats Tutor Lab office is available Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In alignment with courses being offered through distance education for the remainder of the semester, the Statistics Tutor Lab services will be offered from a distance as our staff works remotely during this time. Remote tutoring will be available to you using Webex.
To schedule a 20-minute tutoring session, email Nichole Andrews. Include your name, class, and several options for the requested time. All scheduling requests should be made at least 24 hours in advance for the following courses and topic:
- STAT 1600, 2160, 3640 and 3660 (Tutor available Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- STAT 2600 and Regression (Tutor available Tuesday and Wednesday, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.)
Your success is our top priority and we will do our best to serve your needs. Thank you for your patience and be well!
The colloquium is on hold for now. We will post announcement here when it resumes.
- Best jobs? According to 2019 U.S. News & World Report, statistician is the best job in business, the second best job in STEM, and the second best job, period.
- Best master's degrees? According to Forbes.com survey, they are Biostatistics (#1) and Statistics (#2).
- "Employment of statisticians is projected to grow 34 percent from 2014 to 2024," according to the Bureau of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook
Check out the WMU Statistics page. Students, alumni and friends can connect, post job announcements or share items of general interest.
- Aug 28: Classes begin
- Sep 2: Labor Day
- Oct 16-18: Fall break
- Oct 28: Last day to withdraw from classes
- Nov 27: Thanksgiving break (begins at noon)
- Dec 9-12: Final Exam Week
- Dec 14: Commencement
- Jan 6: Classes begin
- Jan. 20: MLK Day
- Feb 28: Spirit Day
- March 2-6: Spring break
- April 20-23: Final Exam Week
- April 25: Commencement