The Bernhard Center will open on Monday, August 17 with reduced hours, and fall semesters hours begin on Wednesday, August 26.
COVID-19 AND YOUR SAFETY
The coronavirus has required all facilities on campus to adjust their operations. The Bernhard Center will function differently during COVID-19.
- Per University policy, face coverings required when inside except when a medical condition exists. See https://wmich.edu/policies/facial-covering-mask.
- Touch points cleaned more frequently such as door handles, elevator buttons, etc.
- Meeting room touch points cleaned between each meeting and at the end of the day.
- Building hours reduced to accommodate end-of-day cleaning.
- One-way entrances and exits.
- Dining area seating adjusted for social distancing.
- Meeting room capacities significantly reduced to accommodate social distancing
MEETING IN THE BC
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and to follow Governor Whitmer’s Executive Orders, “indoor… gatherings or organized events” may not exceed 10 people. However, if a gathering or organized event is educational or instructive in nature, then it may not exceed 50. When planning your meeting, event, or program, please considering following this approach:
1) Meet virtually when possible
2) Meet outside if possible
3) Meet in person
Bernhard Center meeting room capacities have been significantly reduced to accommodate social distancing. The largest event allowed under COVID-19 restrictions is 50. Please contact the Bernhard Center to plan your meeting if it must be in person.
The Bernhard Center, currently serving as the WMU student center, offers the entire campus community many services, facilities and programs under one roof. Meeting rooms of all sizes, retail, lounges, food, student support offices, the campus bookstore, and much more provide opportunities to meet, relax, learn and enjoy.
Opening in 2022, a new WMU Student Center is under construction as part of the Hilltop Village development. The new and vibrant student-focused center will encourage social engagement and co-curricular activities for diverse student populations.
The Bronco Mall is located on the lower level of the Bernhard Center, and is a convenient meeting place to relax or connect with friends. Diverse programming is offered by and for WMU students, faculty, staff and community members. Extended hours provide added convenience for busy student lifestyles.