MEETING IN THE BC
Per the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) "Gatherings and Face Mask Order", indoor gatherings are prohibited at non-residential venues through Sunday, Jan. 31, 2021. The Bernhard Center will not accept reservations during this period. If the order is extended or changed in any way, we will update this information.
COVID-19 and Your Safety
The coronavirus has required all facilities on campus to adjust their operations. The Bernhard Center will function differently during COVID-19.
- Per University policy, face coverings required when inside except when a medical condition exists. See WMU's Facial Covering policy.
- Touchpoints cleaned more frequently such as door handles, elevator buttons, etc.
- Meeting room touchpoints cleaned between each meeting and at the end of the day.
- Building hours reduced to accommodate end-of-day cleaning.
- One-way entrances and exits.
- Dining area seating adjusted for social distancing.
- Meeting room capacities significantly reduced to accommodate social distancing.
The Bernhard Center, currently serving as the WMU student center, offers the entire campus community many services, facilities and programs under one roof. Meeting rooms of all sizes, retail, lounges, food, student support offices, the campus bookstore, and much more provide opportunities to meet, relax, learn and enjoy.
Opening in 2022, a new WMU Student Center is under construction as part of the Hilltop Village development. The new and vibrant student-focused center will encourage social engagement and co-curricular activities for diverse student populations.
The Bronco Mall is located on the lower level of the Bernhard Center, and is a convenient meeting place to relax or connect with friends. Diverse programming is offered by and for WMU students, faculty, staff and community members. Extended hours provide added convenience for busy student lifestyles.