master OF ARTS with Early Childhood General and Special Education (ZS) endorsement
Who should apply?
- Early care providers who teach in private programs and would like to increase their knowledge base and professional skills with a M.A. degree to become an administrator.
- Elementary education certified teachers who would like to earn the ZS (Early Childhood General and Special Education) endorsement along with a M.A. degree.
State ZS endorsement requirements
- Completion of a total of 27 graduate credits, 15 credits (5 classes) of which must be early childhood courses.
- Professional experience at two of three early childhood levels (infants/toddler, preschool, kindergarten-grade 3).
- Passing grade on the state-level examination.
Foundation of Practice (12-15 hours)
- ES 6330 - Education and Human Flourishing Credits: 3 hours
- ES 6340 - Culture and Politics of Educational Institutions Credits: 3 hours
- ED 6010 - Introduction to Research in Educational Settings Credits: 3 hours
- ED 6790 - Capstone Research Project Credits: 1 to 3 hours
- ED 7000 - Master's Thesis Credits: 6 hours
Area of Specialization (18 hours)
- ED 6060 - Early Childhood Education Methods and Materials Credits: 3 hours
- ED 6080 - Seminar in Early Childhood Development Credits: 3 hours
- ED 6140 - Engaging Diverse Families in Educational Settings Credits: 3 hours
- ED 6110 - Assessment in Early Childhood Inclusive Education Credits: 3 hours
Electives (6 hours)
- LS 5160 - Professional Symposium in Reading Credits: 3 hours
- ED 5750 - Administration of Child Development Centers Credits: 3 hours