Applications for the 2019 - 2020 Academy are due by Friday, June 14, 2019. Please send the application, a letter of interest, a resume or CV, and a letter of support from your direct supervisor or department chair to the Office of Faculty Development at Mail Stop 5268 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The strength of any organization can be measured by the capacity of its members to be leaders at many levels. WMU is pleased to offer faculty and university professional staff the opportunity to develop their leadership skills through the Academic Leadership Academy.
Participants in the academy will be able to:
- Better lead groups or organizations at WMU or elsewhere.
- Better participate as part of teams in which they are not the leaders.
- Better understand the cultural context of WMU and other institutions.
- Identify and prioritize challenges and leadership opportunities in realms such as academic, research, and economic development and social justice.
- Understand leadership literature and translate that literature into practical application.
The academy is a year-long learning community in which participants and facilitators meet weekly to explore literature on leadership. Discussions include specific situations where leadership skills are used, developed and implemented. Participants meet on Thursdays, from noon to 1:30 p.m. The academy invites faculty and university professional staff, at or above the assistant manager/director level, to attend.
- Onur Arugaslan - Professor, Finance and Commerce Law
- Gwen A. Bostic - Coordinator, Faculty Technology Center
- Jon Collier - Assistant Director of Information Technology, Haenicke Institute for Global Education
- Sarah Good -Counseling Specialist II, Sindecuse Health Center, Counseling Services
- Laura Large - Executive Assistant, Haenicke Institute for Global Education
- David Longjohn - System Specialist Sr., Unified Clinics & Center for Disability Services
- Susan V. Piazza - Professor, Department of Special Education & Literacy Studies
- Peter Poggione - Senior Director, IT, Student Affairs
- Stephanie Radant - Business Manager Associate, College of Arts and Sciences
- Glinda Rawls - Associate Professor, Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology
- Daniela Schroeter - Assistant Professor, School of Public Administration
- Barbara Stevens - Instructional Designer, Extended University Programs
- Cody Williams - Research Assistant Professor, Director of Science & Mathematics Program Improvement
For more information about the Academic Leadership Academy contact Jan Gabel-Goes. Applications for the 2019 - 2020 Academy are due by Friday, June 14, 2019