ASIAN STUDIES MINOR (18 CREDITS)
This minor may be organized around a general study of Asia, one of its regions, or specific countries. Completion of appropriate courses must be completed through more than one department. The minor requires:
- 18 credit hours with a minimum grade of C in all courses.
- At least half of the courses to be at the 3000 level or above.
- Up to eight hours of an Asian language (such as Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, etc.) may be included in the minor requirements.
- Appropriate study abroad courses are welcome.
Courses offered at WMU that may be applied to this minor include, but are not limited to:
- ANTH 3400-Cultures of Asia
- ART 2230-Introduction to Asian Art History
- CHIN 2750-Chinese Life & Culture
- CHIN 2800-Chinese Calligraphy
- ECON 3870-Studies in Asian Economies
- ENGL 3130-Asian Literature
- GEOG 3830-China, Japan, and Korea
- HIST 3760-Modern East Asia
- HIST 3790-WWII in US and Japanese History
- HIST 3850-Modern Middle East
- HOL 5380-Easter Thought & Practice
- JPNS 2750-Japanese Life & Culture
- PSCI 3440-Russian/Central Asian Politics
- REL 2010-Buddhism
- REL 2020-Religion in China
- REL 2030-Religion in Japan
- REL 2040-Religion in India
- REL 3360-Zen & Buddhist Meditation
For more information or for printable information, please see our Asian Studies minor flyer.