To make the most of the opportunities offered by Western Michigan University's Department of Occupational Therapy, students should schedule a meeting with an academic advisor.
- Undergraduate students: contact the College of Health and Human Services Advising Office at (269) 387-2656 for an appointment with an advisor.
- Graduate students: contact Sarah Anderson at (269) 387-8987.
Advising roles in the OT program
- Undergraduate advisors provide advising and support, including academic planning and course registration, for students not yet admitted to the OT graduate program.
- The manager of recruitment and outreach provides support for students applying to the OT graduate program, and advising for all students admitted to the OT graduate program.
- OT faculty student advisors promote and support professional development by meeting with students during orientation, and at least once each semester, individually or in small groups as needed.
- The academic fieldwork coordinator facilitates student fieldwork experiences and works with faculty student advisors to prepare students for fieldwork.