Points of Pride
The Department of Occupational Therapy at Western Michigan University is proud to share the attributes and facts that make this program a distinctive learning environment.
- Ranked in the top 50 graduate programs in U.S. News World & Report; highest-ranking program in Michigan.
- A leader in OT education since 1922: One of oldest programs in the U.S. and first non-teaching degree at WMU.
- Most recently accredited in 2010 by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education for a 10 year period with compliance in all standards.
- Several full-time and part-time OT faculty supervise Level I Fieldwork students in faculty-led clinics located on-campus and in community-based programs.
- Open Journal of Occupational Therapy is the world's first and only open-access online journal in OT.