Updated: March 27, 2020
WMU remains open and the College of Health and Human Services Advising is here to support your advising needs.
By now, you have received multiple communications from President Montgomery and our Provost, Dr. Jennifer Bott, regarding the university’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak. College of Health and Human Services is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
In alignment with courses being offered through distance education for the remainder of the semester, academic advising services will be offered from a distance as our staff works remotely during this time. You will be able to receive advising at a distance via email, phone, and video.
To connect with your advisor, you may call our office at (269) 387-2656. Phone calls will be attended to in the order received. Information below can help you decided which advisor to contact. If you are unsure of your academic advisor, you can access that information in your Degree Works as well.
For prospective transfer and high school students, as you do not have an academic advisor of record yet, please contact Melinda Lockett with your questions. Your success is our top priority and we will do our best to serve your needs. Thank you for your patience and be well!
Academic, major and career advising are critical components to your progress toward graduation from the College of Health and Human Services at Western Michigan University. We are here to answer questions, offer guidance and ensure you fulfill all of the requirements for your chosen area of study.
Call (269) 387-2656 to schedule an appointment with an advisor. The advising office is located in Room 2125 of the Health and Human Services building.
- By appointment
Monday through Friday - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Students seeking to apply for graduation must schedule an advising appointment.
Undergraduate Program advisors
- Audiology: Jill Hamilton
- Clinical practice in health: Mandy Cox
- Healthcare services and sciences (formerly Interdisciplinary health services: Mandy Cox
- Health informatics and information management: Jill Hamilton
- Pre-Blindness and low vision: Melinda Lockett
- Pre-Nursing: Brett Closson
- Pre-Nursing second bachelor: Sheena Bolton
- Professional nursing: Tracy Corstange
- Pre-Occupational therapy: Sheena Bolton
- Pre-Physical therapy: Sheena Bolton
- Pre-Physician assistant: Mandy Cox
- Public health: Jill Hamilton
- RN to BSN: John-Michael Duggan
- Social work: Jill Hamilton
- Speech pathology and audiology: Jill Hamilton
Graduate program advisors
- Audiology: Bharti Katbamna
- Blindness and low vision studies
- Interdisciplinary health sciences Ph.D. program: Kieran Fogarty
- Nursing: Tracy Corstange
- Occupational therapy: Sarah Anderson
- Physical therapy: Sarah Anderson
- Physician assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public health: Mark Kelley or Robert Bensley
- Social work: Jennifer Klauth
- Speech pathology: email@example.com, (269) 387-8045
Graduate certificates in: Integrative holistic health and wellness, Specialty program in alcohol and drug addiction or Gerontology: Sheena Bolton