Academic, major and career advising are critical components to your progress toward graduation from the College of Health and Human Services at Western Michigan University. Advisors answer questions, offer guidance and ensure you fulfill all of the requirements for your chosen area of study.
Call (269) 387-2656 to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor.
Advising Office hours (by appointment):
- Monday through Friday - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
NOTE: Friday walk-in advising hours are from 1-4 p.m. only.
***Students seeking to apply for graduation must schedule an advising appointment.***
- Walk-ins Wednesdays resume January 29th until the end of the semester; with hours from 9 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 3:30 p.m.
The advising office is located in Room 2125 of the Health and Human Services Building. Please see our directions to the building page.
Undergraduate Program advisors
- Audiology: Jill Hamilton
- Clinical practice in health: Mandy Cox
- Healthcare services and sciences (formerly Interdisciplinary health services: Mandy Cox
- Health informatics and information management: Jill Hamilton
- Pre-Blindness and low vision: Melinda Lockett
- Pre-Nursing: Brett Closson
- Pre-Nursing second bachelor: Sheena Bolton
- Professional nursing: Tracy Corstange
- Pre-Occupational therapy: Sheena Bolton
- Pre-Physical therapy: Sheena Bolton
- Pre-Physician assistant: Mandy Cox
- Public health: Jill Hamilton
- RN to BSN: John-Michael Duggan
- Social work: Jill Hamilton
- Speech pathology and audiology: Jill Hamilton
Graduate program advisors
- Audiology: Bharti Katbamna
- Blindness and low vision studies
- Interdisciplinary health sciences Ph.D. program: Kieran Fogarty
- Nursing: Tracy Corstange
- Occupational therapy: Sarah Anderson
- Physical therapy: Sarah Anderson
- Physician assistant: email@example.com
- Public health: Mark Kelley or Robert Bensley
- Social work: Jennifer Klauth
- Speech pathology: firstname.lastname@example.org, (269) 387-8045
Graduate certificates in: Integrative holistic health and wellness, Specialty program in alcohol and drug addiction or Gerontology: Sheena Bolton