Academic Advising

Learn about our minors

Virtually explore career pathways that are high in DEMAND, high in MEANING, high in SATISFACTION and unsurpassed in IMPACT! Learn how our minors can complement your major to get you going in the right direction. Attend our free CHHS minor showcases on October 4, 11, 18 and 28 from 6 to 7 p.m.  LEARN MORE

Walk-in Wednesdays

Walk-in appointments are available on Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Join us for virtual or in-person walk-in advising appointments on Wednesdays starting October 6.

  • For in-person, simply come to suite 2125 of the CHHS building to get in line.
  • For virtual, click the button to the right to get in virtual line.
  • CHHS Advising

    Our advisors are available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST to assist you.

  • CHHS students

    Need more info?

    More resources and FAQs for new and current students are available at the bottom of this page.

  • CHHS students

    Contact free advising

    In-person advising is available. But we can also meet with you in virtually, by phone or via email.

  • physician assistant students

    Ready to declare?

    Declare your CHHS major or minor by contacting our advisors today.

College of Health and Human Services advising staff is here to support you.

Advisors are now available, offering advising services via email, phone and virtual platforms (WebEx, Zoom, etc.). In-person appointments are also available. Contact our office at (269) 387-2656 for more information.

Connect with us

  • Online: Click below to set up an appointment with your advisor.

  • Phone: Call Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST to set up an appointment.

Hours and Location

  • Advisors are available by appointment, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.
  • Virtual appointments are available on WebEx, Teams, Zoom or by phone.
  • The advising office is located in suite 2125 of the CHHS building.
  • Our phone number is (269) 387-2656.
  • Virtual walk-in advising is available. (See note above for info.)

Find your advisor

Declare your major or minor

  • Declare your CHHS major

    To declare your major, you must first schedule an appointment with your advisor. They will meet with you to go over your transcripts, look at program requirements with you and help you map out your course schedule.

    Meet your advisor

  • Declare your CHHS minor

    There are a number of minors offered in the College of Health and Human Services. To declare your minor, email Sheena Bolton and include the following:

    • Name
    • WIN number
    • WMU email address
    • Which minor you would like to declare

    Note: For a minor in speech and hearing processes or American Sign Language, you must call (269) 387-2656 to schedule an appointment with Jill Hamilton.

Advising resources