Monitor your academic progress toward degree completion by logging into Degree Works. Degree Works allows you to see your degree program and how coursework is currently being applied toward your progress for graduation. Degree Works is available to all undergraduate students with a catalog year of 2010 or later.
Application for Graduation Process
Students should apply for graduation prior to completing 88 credit hours.
Contact your college advisor to receive approval to submit your application for graduation. Once your advisor has cleared you to apply for graduation:
- Log in to goWMU with your Bronco NetID and password at go.wmich.edu.
- Click the "Apps" navigation item in the top menu bar.
- Scroll down to the “For students” app list and select the “Application for Graduation" link.
- Follow the prompts.
You can also find the application by using goWMU's search bar. Simply search “graduation” and click the https://go.wmich.edu/s/article/Apply-for-graduation article.
Applications must be submitted by the deadlines stated below. Earlier submission up to one year before your planned graduation date is strongly encouraged; you may change your graduation date at any point after the audit without paying an additional application fee.
Application FOR Graduation deadlines
- April graduation deadline: October 1
- June graduation deadline: February 1
- August graduation deadline: February 1
- December graduation deadline: February 1
Application for Graduation Fee
A $55 fee will be applied to your student account when the application is submitted through goWMU.
No commencement ceremony is held in August. August graduates are invited to participate in the June commencement ceremony.