Enrollment Certification

Eligibility for benefits is determined solely by the Veterans Administration. The Veteran Certifying Official assists veteran students by: 

  • Certifying enrollment
  • Confirming academic credit load
  • Monitoring satisfactory academic progress toward a degree or certificate
  • Notifying the VA Regional Office of any withdrawals from classes or other changes in status

Students choosing to use their Veterans Administration Educational Benefits must complete a certification form each year, even if certified for more than one semester by the school’s VA certifying official. Failure to provide complete information may result in a delay of certification to the VA regional office. Completion of the certification form is not a guarantee that you will receive payment from the VA.

VA benefits are payable for approved courses and programs only. Restrictions apply to some courses and programs under some or all VA education programs. Veteran students will be certified to the VA in accordance with current VA regulations. We are required to report complete details of your enrollment—and any subsequent changes—to the VA.

Students must promptly notify the VA Certifying Official of any change in their enrollment, including adjustments to their schedule or withdrawal from the University. A change in registration or attendance may result in payment changes. Students who fail to successfully complete a course are required to notify the VA certifying official of the last date of their attendance. Failure to do so will result in our reporting that the student did not attend the course. The VA regional office will adjust benefits based on the enrollment change date.

We cannot determine eligibility or payment amount of VA benefits. Veteran students having questions concerning the type or amount of their VA benefits should contact the VA regional office directly.

The Department of Veterans Affairs administers a variety of education benefit programs. Many veterans and active duty personnel can qualify for more than one education benefits program. These include:

For help determining which program best fits your particular needs, please see the benefit comparison tools.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.