Degree Works is a web-based tool that will help undergraduate students plan their path to graduation. Degree Works brings Western Michigan University degree requirements and completed coursework together to give a complete view of progress toward degree completion.
Log in to your GoWMU account and click Degree Works under Academic Services in the My Self Service channel.
Degree Works is available for undergraduate students beginning with the 2010 Undergraduate Catalog. Students under a catalog prior to 2010 should see their advisor for degree information. Degree Works is designed to aid and facilitate academic advising but is not intended to replace face-to-face advising sessions.
- Uses checklists to help you easily monitor your progress online 24/7
- Provides a clear picture of WMU degree requirements to help you navigate the most effective path to graduation
- Helps you plan your class schedule by showing you what courses and requirements still need to be completed
- Allows you to estimate the number of semesters it will take to graduate
- 10 ways Degree Works can help during registration
This feature allows you to compare your current academic history to the requirements of different programs. The “What If” analysis will help you determine how many additional classes you may need to take if you are considering changing your major or minor.
Three different GPA calculators are available in Degree Works—Graduation, Term, and Advice. The calculators will help you set realistic goals at the beginning of the semester, or provide a path for achieving honors, avoiding probation or meeting personal academic goals.
This feature allows you to enter a list of classes and see how the classes will be applied. It is a great tool to use as part of the registration process. You can see how a course will be used before you actually register for it.