Your transcript is the official permanent record of all the courses you have attended at Western Michigan University.
Classes you have attended at other institutions do not show on your University transcript.
Western Michigan University has authorized Parchment to manage the ordering, processing and secure delivery of student transcripts. Transcripts can be sent electronically to participating high schools, colleges and universities as part of the Midwestern Higher Education Compact. Other institutions do not show on your University transcript.
- Secure online access to request your transcript anytime.
- Email notification when transcripts are processed and received.
- Online tracking ability.
- The option to request electronic delivery of your transcript.
Effective fall 2018, the Registrar's Office will begin assessing a $10 fee for each diploma and transcript notarized.
Request a transcript
A one-time account registration is required before online ordering is activated with Parchment. To ensure proper student matching you will be asked for your:
- Enrollment status.
- Date of birth.
- Last four digits of your Social Security number.
- A student ID number. If unknown, please enter the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Email address.
If you are not sure of the exact attendance dates, please indicate approximate dates. Once you have registered, you will receive an email from Parchment asking you to confirm your email address. After confirming, you are ready to begin requesting transcripts through the Parchment website.
All transcripts sent through Parchment are official. A hold on your University student account will not prevent you from requesting a transcript through Parchment and you will be assessed the transcript fees, but the University will not be able to release your transcript until the hold is resolved.
Cost for parchment transcripts
The transcript cost is based on the destination and method of delivery. The fees are:
- $7.50—electronic delivery to a school, yourself or a third party.
- $9.50—paper delivery to any destination. The transcript will be printed on security paper and sent through USPS.
- $27—additional fee for overnight US delivery. Priority shipping to Canada, Mexico and international is available through Parchment for an additional fee. Actual cost will display at the time of checkout.
Transcripts must be paid by credit card at the time of the order. Parchment accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. During the ordering process, you will be able to see the exact charge prior to entering your credit card information.
Bronson Hospital School of Nursing
If you attended the Bronson Hospital School of Nursing prior to 1998, please complete the transcript request form and fax, mail or personally deliver the form to the Office of the Registrar.
Matching forms or licensure
If you require a matching form (CASPA, AADSA, LSAC or Michigan Department of Community Health or similar), please complete the transcript request form and fax, mail or personally deliver the form to the Office of the Registrar. Include the matching form if required for processing.
For questions or to report a problem with your order, please log in to your Parchment account and submit a trouble ticket.
In accordance with FERPA, student academic records are considered confidential and may be released only with a student's written authorization and signature.