Application for Graduation Process
Apply for graduation through goWMU:
- Log in with your Bronco NetID and password at go.wmich.edu.
- Click the "Apps" navigation item in the top menu bar.
- Scroll down to the “For students” app list and select the “Application for Graduation" link.
- Follow the prompts.
You can also find the application by using goWMU's search bar. Simply search “graduation” and click the https://go.wmich.edu/s/article/Apply-for-graduation article.
In order to complete your graduation audit, a program of study (also known as the graduate student permanent program) must be on file in the Registrar's Office. Please make sure your department has forwarded the original program and any updates to the Registrar’s Office (Mail Stop 5256).
If writing a master's thesis, please submit your thesis committee appointment form to the Graduate College.
After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation message to your WMU email address, and a $55 fee will be applied to your student account. Your graduation auditor will perform a thorough audit of your academic history. Once the audit is completed (usually within four to six weeks), a confirmation will be sent to your WMU email address with any outstanding requirements.
APPLICATION FOR GRADUATION DEADLINES
Applications must be submitted by the deadlines below. Earlier submission up to one year before your planned graduation date is strongly encouraged; you may change your graduation date at any point after the audit without paying an additional application fee.
- April graduation deadline: October 1
- June graduation deadline: February 1
- August graduation deadline: February 1
- December graduation deadline: February 1
No commencement ceremony is held in August. August graduates are invited to participate in the June commencement ceremony.