Norway, Here I Come!

Posted by Kimberly Chong on

Kimberly Chong
Electronic Business Marketing
BI International Summer Program, Summer II 2019

This summer, I will be studying Intercultural Management – A Scandinavian Perspective at BI Norwegian Business School in Oslo, Norway. I’m excited for this upcoming study abroad for primarily two reasons and I will share why.

Firstly, I’m excited just to be in Norway. This country is known to be a land of Fjords, Trolls, and Vikings. Fjords are a long, narrow, deep inlet of the sea between high cliffs. It is typically formed by submergence of a glaciated valley. With that, Norway is filled with beautiful scenery of mountains, fjords, islands, coastline, and just nature in general. I’ve also heard that the sun sets at 11-11:30pm here in Oslo. The sun doesn’t even set in some northern parts of Norway. That is crazy and I would love to experience that.

Secondly, I am looking forward to the academics. I am genuinely interested in the course BI is offering, specifically about the topic of digital relationships with data analytics. Intercultural management is such a relatable topic, especially as an international student at WMU. BI Norwegian Business School is also an amazing school, they are Norway’s only triple-accredited (also known as triple-crown) school. Being able to learn from the Professors in such a prestigious school is something I’m excited about. This is an international summer program and I can’t wait to meet different people from all over the world! 29 countries will be represented, and it will be an experience of a lifetime to spend a whole month with them. I don’t know where I’ll be able to find another opportunity like this.

I don’t exactly know what to expect for this study abroad experience, but I can’t wait for what’s to come. I’m ready and expecting the unexpected.

Categories: Western Europe, Norway, Department of Digital Marketing and eCommerce, Lesson learned, Personal growth, Summer II.