Freeman Awards for Study in Asia (Freeman-ASIA) provides scholarships for United States undergraduate students with demonstrated financial need to study abroad in East or Southeast Asia. A Freeman-ASIA Award provides need-based funding to assist the recipient with the cost of the study abroad program and related expenses, including airfare, basic living costs, local transportation, books, etc.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident studying at the undergraduate level.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Minimum GPA of 2.8.
- At least one semester remaining at home institution after completion of study abroad.
- Little or no previous experience in the intended study abroad destination.
- Applications endorsed by both a study abroad advisor and a financial aid advisor by the specified deadline.
- Study abroad in Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Laos, Macao, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam.
- Study abroad with language study.
- Completion of a service project after returning to the United States.
Contact WMU's advisor for national study abroad scholarships, Dr. Lee Penyak, at: email@example.com
- October for spring study abroad
- March for summer or fall study abroad