- Onur Arugaslan - Professor, Finance and Commerce Law
- Gwen A. Bostic - Coordinator, Faculty Technology Center
- Jon Collier - Assistant Director of Information Technology, Haenicke Institute for Global Education
- Sarah Good -Counseling Specialist II, Sindecuse Health Center, Counseling Services
- Laura Large - Executive Assistant, Haenicke Institute for Global Education
- David Longjohn - System Specialist Sr., Unified Clinics & Center for Disability Services
- Susan V. Piazza - Professor, Department of Special Education & Literacy Studies
- Peter Poggione - Senior Director, IT, Student Affairs
- Stephanie Radant - Business Manager Associate, College of Arts and Sciences
- Glinda Rawls - Associate Professor, Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology
- Daniela Schroeter - Assistant Professor, School of Public Administration
- Barbara Stevens - Instructional Designer, Extended University Programs
- Cody Williams - Research Assistant Professor, Director of Science & Mathematics Program Improvement
Academic Leadership Academy
June 20 applications due
2022-23 Applications Open
Applications for the 2022 - 2023 Academy are due by Monday, June 20, 2022 at 5 p.m. The Academy has updated its content and made a shift to a hybrid format, with three of the meetings taking place in person and the remainder taking place via Webex. Please fill out the application, including uploading a current resume or CV and a letter of support from your direct supervisor or department chair.
Get more information
Questions about the program may be directed to Dr. Gwen Tarbox, Director, WMUx Office of Faculty Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The strength of any organization can be measured by the capacity of its members to be leaders at many levels. WMU is pleased to offer faculty and university professional staff the opportunity to develop their leadership skills through the Academic Leadership Academy (ALA).
Participants in the academy will be able to:
- Better lead groups or organizations at WMU or elsewhere.
- Better participate as part of teams in which they are not the leaders.
- Better understand the cultural context of WMU and other institutions.
- Identify and prioritize challenges and leadership opportunities in realms such as academic, research, and economic development and social justice.
- Understand leadership literature and translate that literature into practical application.
The WMUx Office of Faculty Development has redesigned the ALA for the 2022 - 2023 year to include case studies and a deeper focus on DEI content as well as a hybrid meeting schedule. Participants will meet in person, with all current Covid precautions in place, for the kick-off meeting in early September 2022, for an interactive workshop in November 2022, and for the final celebration meeting in April 2023. All other meetings will take place on Webex from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Thursdays during the fall and spring semesters. The Academy invites faculty and university professional staff, at or above the assistant manager/director level, to attend.