Most students who study at the Center for English Language and Culture for International Students at Western Michigan University have an F-1 student visa (the F-1 visa is received outside the United States). Students on an F-1 visa will study full time. To be eligible for an F-1 visa, a student must first apply and be accepted to CELCIS and receive an I-20 form. All international students are required to present the I-20 form when applying for an F-1 student visa, and again at the port of entry into the U.S.

U.S. visa policy and procedure information

Student visas

SEVIS I-901 fee

United States' embassies and consulates

Remember, immigration rules can vary depending on the particular case or situation. For the most accurate information, please visit the International Admissions and Services office, located on the third floor of Faunce Student Services, to discuss your questions. Immigration regulations are difficult to understand and may change. It is your responsibility to understand the regulations.

Do not rely on your friends or family for immigration advice!