The picture above is a wide shot of the Multicultural Center located in the Trimpe Building on WMU's main campus. For the room setup, see the details on the Setup guide document below.
The Multicultural Center at Western Michigan University provides the University student population with spaces for study, meetings, projects, and conversation. It also provides information on diversity, ethnic, and cultural issues through speakers, events, exhibits, and displays scheduled by University groups and organizations. The Multicultural Center is located in the Trimpe Building on WMU's main Kalamazoo campus.
Our Multicultural Center will be available for reservations from:
- Monday to Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday closed
MAKE A RESERVATION
- To submit a reservation request send an email to Multicultural Center Reservations and include date of event, number of guest, description of event, and contact person.
- Reservations must be submitted two weeks in advance.
- Occupants must vacate the building by the indicated closure time.
- Please plan accordingly and end your event at least a half-hour before our closing time to give you cleaning time.
- To use the television for presentations, bring a laptop and connection cords (HDMI cables) as these are not supplied by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
- A maximum of 137 people are allowed in the space at one time.
- At the conclusion of the event, the ODI Multicultural Center Usage Report must be completed.
Documents and forms
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5372 USA
Phone (269) 387-6313
Adrian Trimpe Building, Room 1021
1003 Ring Road South, Kalamazoo, MI