The Multicultural Center at Western Michigan University provides the University student population with spaces for study, meetings, projects, and conversation. It also provides information on diversity, ethnic, and cultural issues through speakers, events, exhibits, and displays scheduled by University groups and organizations. The Multicultural Center is located in the Trimpe Building on WMU's main Kalamazoo campus.
Make a reservation
During the academic year, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion provides employees to oversee events for student groups during specified days and times. To use the television for presentations, bring a laptop and connection cords (HDMI cables) as these are not supplied by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
MCC & Our Space Hours Academic Year Hours:
- Tuesday, September 2, 2019 - Friday, December 6, 2019 and Monday, January 6, 2020 - Friday, April 17, 2020.
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Fridays: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Sundays: CLOSED
Closed during the following dates and times:
- After 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 16, 17 & 18, 2019
- Saturday, October 19, 2019 After 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 27, 2019
- Thursday, November 28-30, 2019
- Monday, January 20, 2020 After 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 2, 3, 4, & 5, 2020
- Saturday, March 6, 2020
Summer Hours: Saturday, April 18, 2020 - September 7, 2020
- Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturdays - Sundays Closed
Reservations must be submitted 2 weeks in advance. Occupants must vacate the building by the indicated closure time. Please plan accordingly and end your event at least a half hour before our closing time to give you cleaning time.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call (269) 387-6318.
- Reservation request form (online)
Documents and forms
1003 Ring Road South
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5372 USA
Phone (269) 387-6318
Trimpe Building Multicultural Center, Mail Stop 5372