Excellence in Diversity Award
Nominations sought for 2023 Excellence in Diversity Awards!
As you consider nominating individuals, groups or programs for the Excellence in Diversity Award please notice the following are the criteria in which the nominees must demonstrate:
- Foster the development and maintenance of a understanding of diversity, inclusion, equity and multiculturalism through training or education at any level within the institution.
- To create a strategy for recommendation to dismantle institutional bias and supports and sustains efforts of diversity, equity, and inclusion at various levels of the institution.
- Demonstrate intentional efforts to recruit, retain, and graduate diverse students.
- Demonstrate intentional efforts to promote diversity within the work force of campus at all employee levels.
- Demonstrate the enhancement of curricular, co- curricular, research, service, creative and study abroad opportunities that engage the university community and affirms a commitment to diverse, equitable and inclusive learning environment.
- Develop and maintain measures of accountability that allow for the accurate assessment of progress towards becoming an inclusive campus.
Submission date extended to August 12, 2023.
EXCELLENCE IN DIVERSITY AWARDS 2022
Please join us in congratulating the 2022 Excellence in Diversity Award Recipients:
- WMU Athletics Diversity Task Force
|WMU Athletics Diversity Task Force Committee|
- WMU Professional Development Institute
- Dr. Staci Perryman-Clark
EXCELLENCE IN DIVERSITY AWARDS 2021
Please join us in congratulating the 2021 Excellence in Diversity Award Recipients:
- College of Health & Human Services Diversity and Inclusion Committee:
- David Paul
- Megan Grunert Kowalske
We are grateful for their efforts to impact WMU by fostering and promoting an environment that is inclusive, diverse, and equitable. On behalf of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion and WMU, we would like to say thank you for your work DEI champions and thank you to the selection review committee for your work in selecting this year's award recipients.
Excellence in Diversity Awards 2020
Each year the nomination process allows us to learn about some of the exceptional work towards creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable learning environment. The purpose of this award is to acknowledge and honor the work of our colleagues and students who support and exemplify the Diversity and Multiculturalism Action Plan (DMAP). Please join us in congratulating the 2020 Excellence in Diversity Award Recipients: College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP), Student Affairs Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and the Future Teachers of Color (RSO). Recipients will receive their awards once we return to campus in the fall. Thank you to the nomination review committee for their work in selecting three recipients from many nominations.
The following are the names of those serving on the Student Affairs Diversity and Inclusion Policy Subcommittee, and the Professional Development Subcommittee, the founders and e-board of The Future Teachers of Color (RSO), and the committee members of the College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) :
|Student Affairs Diversity and Inclusion||The Future Teachers of Color||College Assistance Migrant Program|
|Policy Subcommittee||Professional Development Subcommittee||Committee||Peer Leaders|
|Dr. Suzie Nagel-Bennett|
|Michael Smith||Melissa Kuepfer||Marcus Moore||Liliana Salas||Cristian Cardoso|
|Janice Quakenbush||Bonnie Pfingst||Hailey Timmerman||Maria Mata||Priscilla Flores|
|Connor Kirkpatrick||Dr. Ewa Urban||William Wright||Ashley Bravo||Lisbeth Morales|
|Emily Hazel||Brian Fuller||Sarah Giramia||Jose Alexis Mejia|
|Ciji Heiser||Alecia Chenault||Terry Patton||Recruitment Assistant|
|Jeremy Ynclan||Jarae McCoy||Magali Carrillo|