a glimpse at your world
Check out this world
Come explore with us
- GEOG 3100: Introduction to Tourism
- GEOG 3110: Geography of Michigan
- GEOG 3800: United States and Canada
- GEOG 4080: Tourism Marketing
Explore where you live
- CORP 3000: History and Theory of Planning
- CORP 4030: Planning Law and Administration
- CORP 4560: Seminar in Community and Regional Planning
- CORP 5430: Transportation Planning
- Dr. Philip Micklin Of Western Michigan University's Geography Department and his decade-long research on the Aral Sea was the subject of the Discover Magazine's article "Repairing a Sea: Checking in on plans to restore the Aral Sea". An excerpt of the article could be found here.
- The latest edition of W Magazine features Dr. He about the increased risk of flooding from hurricanes. The magazine also features and honors Dr. Stoltman. Download your edition here.
- Geography department was in the news for their award winning GIS program. Read the full story on Western Herald's website or take a physical copy of the paper, available in all Western Michigan University buildings.
- Geography Department had yet another great outing at East Lakes Division of AAG's conference at Eastern Michigan University on Friday 13th. Alyson Mabie, Nurjannah received first place award for Best Graduate level presentation and poster respectively. Also, Sam Roodbar won the coveted Council Award for Outstanding Graduate Student Paper.
- The National Council for Geographic Education has awarded Dr. Joseph Stoltman both the Distinguished Mentor Award and the Higher Education Distinguished Teaching Award.
- Congratulations to all of our scholars who have made significant contributions through scholarly activities, service, research and leadership.
- Ryan Filbin received the 2017 All-University Graduate Teaching Effectiveness Award granted at the Honors Convocation Awards Reception and was recognized for an outstanding poster demonstration of his research at the 11th annual WMU Research and Creative Activities Poster and Performance Day.
- Congratulations to Kayla Snellenberger and Ryan Filbin who represented WMU in the World Geography Bowl competition at the American Association of Geographers annual meeting in Boston on April 7.
- Dr. Gregory Veeck organized this year's 2017 meeting of the Michigan Academy of Science, Arts and Letters.