Read our 2016 Newsletter
History majors and minors are well positioned for the 21st century job market. As an historian-in-training at Western Michigan University, you will learn to ask questions that matter. You will become a proﬁcient communicator and researcher. You will develop skills to gather information independently, think and respond critically, and make thoughtful and accurate judgments all while developing a broad historical knowledge. As a prospective teacher educator, you will also develop as a creative problem solver able to overcome obstacles, master any responsibility and lead with conﬁdence.
The Department of History can help you achieve your professional goals!
Our graduate alumni can give you a taste of career paths after your M.A. or Ph.D. degree in history.
News and events
- 2016 History newsletter
- Lynne Heasley co-edits new book on the Canadian-American Water Relationship
- Linda Borish co-edits History of American Sport
- Ernst Breisach Memorial
- Donate to the Ernst Breisach Endowment for European History. A donor is offering a 1:1 match of any donation up to a total amount of $5,000. Please help us take advantage of this generous offer.
- Alumni Advice from William Parsons '67
- Sally Hadden Wins Prestigious Legal Foundation Grant
- James Cousins publishes first book
- Anise Strong publishes first book
- Fred Dobney Memorial
- Past news from the Department of History