Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008 USA
- Ph.D., Physics, Ohio Univeristy, 2003
- M.Phil., Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan, 1994
- Surfaces, interface and thin film analysis
- Properties and synthesis of nano structures/particles
- High and low energy ion-surface interactions
Dr. Asghar Kayani is an associate professor of physics responsible for the tandem Van de Graaff Accelerator Laboratory in the Department of Physics at Western Michigan University.
He is a condensed matter/surface science physicist with expertise in the science of advanced materials, nanoparticle synthesis and characterization, sustainable energy materials, manipulation of materials by ion beam irradiation, and thin films.