Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008 USA
- Ph.D., Physics, Ohio Univeristy, 2003
- M.Phil., Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan, 1994
- Surfaces, interface and thin film analysis
- Properties and synthesis of nano structures/particles
- High and low energy ion-surface interactions
Dr. Asghar Kayani is a professor of physics responsible for the tandem Van de Graaff Accelerator Laboratory in the Department of Physics at Western Michigan University.
He is a condensed matter/surface science physicist with expertise in the science of advanced materials, nanoparticle synthesis and characterization, sustainable energy materials, manipulation of materials by ion beam irradiation, and thin films.