Looking for an affordable solution for your coating needs?
Western Michigan University has papermaking, coating, and printing equipment unique to any university, but very recognizable by industry. Because of the long tradition of papermaking and printing at WMU, the laboratory facilities include extensive production scale equipment used by industrial customers throughout the year. Industry runs product development trials, but also production runs when the cost, width, speed, and coating method are a great fit for their products. WMU holds broad expertise in coatings and paper substrates and can support your development needs as required.
Why toll coating at WMU?
- Realize greater margins
- Its affordable high-quality production.
- Managed and operated by professional full-time staff
- No inventory worries
- Facilitate delivery from your suppliers
- Drop ship to your customers
- Open year-round
- No equipment to purchase
- Use labor as needed, no labor inventory
- Scheduling flexibility
Volumes too small for full-scale production?
Get it done at WMU while the market grows.
- Aqueous or solvent coatings
- Paper or film substrates
- Water-based coating preparation
- Complete freight handling capabilities
- Gravure, pond, MSP, blade, rod and airknife
- Purchasing services available
- Coating and substrate testing capabilities on-site
- Widths 10 in to 40 in
- Roll slitter on-site