Visiting Kalamazoo and Western Michigan University
WMU Pilot Plants welcome you to Kalamazoo and the Western Michigan University campus! There's plenty to do during your stay — explore the links below to find places to stay, food, events at WMU, and other attractions.
Kalamazoo Battle Creek International Airport (AZO)
Delta, American, US Airways, United, and Delta airlines serve the Kalamazoo Airport.
Approximate drive time to Kalamazoo from other airports:
Events and entertainment
Arts and entertainment
- Air Zoo
The total flight experience! Includes aircraft on display, rides, and flight simulation
- The Civic
Great community theatre.
- Miller Auditorium at Western Michigan University
Miller Auditorium is the premier performing arts venue in Southwest Michigan, offering world-class productions from Broadway and beyond.
- Kalamazoo Institute of Arts
10 galleries showcasing outstanding temporary and permanent collections.
- Kalamazoo State Theatre
West Michigan's premier lives concert venue is located in downtown Kalamazoo.
Festivals and public events
- Visit Downtown Kalamazoo online for the latest events.
- WMU Bronco Athletics
Men's and women's collegiate sporting events.
- K-Wings Hockey
- Kalamazoo Growlers
Hotels within three miles:
- Baymont Inn | +1 (269) 372-7999
- Comfort Inn | +1 (269) 384-2800
- Radisson Plaza Hotel | +1 (269) 343-3333
- Holiday Inn West | +1 (269) 375-6000
- Staybridge Suites | +1 (269) 372-8000
Hotels within a 15-minute drive:
- Fairfield Inn By Marriott, two locations | +1 (269) 344-8300 east | +1 (269) 353-6400 west
- Hampton Inn, two locations | +1 (269) 344-7774 east | +1 (269) 372-1010 west
- Marriott Residence Inn |+1 (269) 349-0855
Kalamazoo is proud of our international community that boasts both national restaurant chains as well as some uniquely Kalamazoo eating experiences. The Discover Kalamazoo website provides the most recent Kalamazoo Restaurant Guide.
Please do not hesitate to ask any staff member of the Pilot Plant for recommendations and detailed information.