Semester and session schedules
Course schedules for the Undergraduate programs as well as the Master of Public Administration program at the School of Public Affairs and Administration at Western Michigan University are available for the current and following semester/session.
Summer 2020 (tentative)
PADM course schedule (updated April 6, 2020)
Fall 2020 (tentative)
PADM course schedule (updated July 9, 2020)
Multiyear course plans
Because course offerings change, please consult the multiyear course plans for terms beyond the next semester/term.
- Grand Rapids M.P.A. tentative multiyear course plan (updated February 19, 2020)
- Kalamazoo M.P.A. tentative multiyear course plan (updated January 16, 2020)
- Undergraduate tentative multiyear course plan (updated, January 16, 2020)
You are strongly encouraged to use the multiyear course plan to develop individualized plans of study that outline the semesters and termssduring which each of the courses will be undertaken. By developing individualized plans, you will minimize the amount of time and driving for completing all of the program requirements.
Individualized course plan guidelines
Taken early in the program
- PADM 6000: Legal and Philosophical Foundations of American Public Administration
- PADM 6001: Capstone Portfolio I
- PADM 6110: The Political and Economic Environment of Public Administration
- PADM 6060: Applied Research Methods
- PADM 6070: Quantitative Data Analysis
Taken toward the end of the program
- Concentration Elective Courses
- PADM 6800: Capstone Portfolio II
- PADM 7120: Professional Field Experience/Internship (pre-career students will take this course after completing at least 20 credit hours of M.P.A. coursework, including all core courses)
In order to avoid any unwanted surprises during the graduation audit process, all individualized course plans should be approved by an M.P.A. advisor.