Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5331 USA
- Ph.D., Comparative Literature, University of Oregon, 1992
- M.A., Comparative Literature, University of Oregon, 1990
- M.A.T. , English and Education, Lewis and Clark College, 1985
- B.A., English, Swarthmore College, 1979
- Teaching secondary education
- African and Postcolonial literature
- Cultural Studies
- Literature, nature and climate change
- Teaching secondary English
- Teaching and technology
- Postcolonial studies, including middle eastern literature
Dr. Allen Webb is a professor of English at Western Michigan University.
He has nine published books and two books in progress as well as 30 published articles. Webb has presented at over 100 conferences, including several keynote addresses, maintains 10 websites, and has won five grants totaling 1.5 million dollars.
He is a past president of the Michigan Conference on English Education, past member of the executive committee of the National Conference on English Education, and is one of the authors of the State of Michigan 9-12 Language Arts Content Standards.
He designed the "Classroom of the Future" English Education Labs and his virtual world for teaching literature won the A+ Award by Web English Teacher. In 2004 he received the Faculty Achievement Award for Teaching from the WMU College of Arts and Sciences.
A retired mountaineer, he made the first American ascent of the highest peak in the Hindu Kush (Tirich Mir, 25,253') in 1982.