As a student at Western Michigan University, you will meet with advisors throughout your academic career. Advising appointments facilitate student success by creating an on-going partnership between students and advisors. Advisors provide knowledge regarding degree requirements, WMU resources and the value of a liberal arts education.
For questions or advice about majors, minors, programs, and classes in the Department of English, please see below for advisor availability. University policy requires advising requests be submitted in writing from your WMU email account or in person with an advisor.
- For major or minor requirements, meet with a Department of English advisor.
623 Sprau Tower, (269) 387-2575 or Email an advisor
- Dr. Phil Egan, Undergraduate Director and Chief Advisor
- For general education requirements, meet with a College of Arts and Sciences advisor.
Additional information for secondary education English majors
- Meet with an English advisor for major or minor requirements.
- Meet with a College of Education and Human Development advisor for your general education, pre-professional and professional education requirements.
- Fall 2018 course descriptions: ENGL Fall 2018
- Spring 2020 course descriptions: ENGL Spring 2020
- WMU course catalog
Advising hours for graduate students are held weekly in order to facilitate the students' progress through our various graduate degree programs.
Room: 625 Sprau Tower
Phone: (269) 387-2584
- Email for an appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advising Hours: Monday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dr Scott Slawinski
Tuesday 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Dr. Meghann Meeusen
Wednesday 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Dr. Scott Slawinski
- Fall 2020 course descriptions ENGL Fall 2020 (undergrad classes)
- Fall 2020 course descriptions: ENGL Fall 2020 (grad classes)
- Spring 2020 course descriptions: ENGL Spring 2020 (grad classes)
Student Success Services
Check out the resources to help you be successful in your classes.