The You Are Welcome Here Town Hall was held on Wednesday, February 22 on Western Michigan University's campus and reached over 250 people in person and online. The event addressed the current state of affairs for students, hosted a brainstorming session of what we can do to remain a welcoming community, and invited attendees to interact with current inclusivity efforts on campus and in the community.
The event featured the following speakers and panelists:
- Dr. John Dunn, WMU President
- Lee Ryder, WMU director of immigration services
- Anna Hill, staff attorney with the Michigan Immigrant Rights Center
- Dr. Diane Anderson, WMU vice president of student affairs
- Student representative from the WMU Latino Student Alliance
- Graduate student affected by immigration ban
As attendees entered the town hall, they were invited to "post a welcoming message for the members of our diverse community. #WelcomeAtWestern #Kalamazoo."