- Strategy 1.1.1: Define and secure the proper organizational alignment of IT to ensure enterprise scope and resource allocation.
- Strategy 1.1.2: Obtain human resource funding necessary to sufficiently maintain, advance, and mitigate organizational risk.
- Strategy 1.1.3: Develop IT staff recruiting techniques and processes that enhance hiring by attracting diverse internal and external talent.
- Strategy 1.1.4. Create a professional development program and budget model aligned to strategies and projects to continually develop IT staff knowledge and skillset based on the most current university goals and technology requirements.
- Strategy 1.1.5: Cultivate an inclusive, community-oriented workplace through staff empowerment, engagement, and equal and ample opportunities for participation.
Goal 1: Strengthen the foundation of information technology that empowers academics, research, and institutional administration.
Goal 2: Enable the advancement of the university mission through the delivery of contemporary and sustainable IT Services.
Goal 3: Provide outstanding service delivery, customer support, and user experience to all constituents and partners.
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) offers a wide variety of information and instructional technology-related services to students, faculty, and staff. These services include online collaboration tools, two-factor authentication, classroom technology, email, network connectivity, online information security education, and more.