International Students—M.P.A. and Ph.D.

International students applying to the School of Public Affairs and Administration at Western Michigan University should follow these procedures.


All applicants must apply to the University via the graduate application.

Apply to WMU


Submit transcripts from academic institutions outside of the United States to the Haenicke Institute for Global Education for evaluation. You do not need to send a copy of your transcripts to the School of Public Affairs and Administration. The Haenicke Institute will forward them. Also, relevant test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, and/or GRE) should be sent to the Haenicke Institute.

Send to:

Haenicke Institute for Global Education: International Admissions
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5245 USA