2019 Photo contest information
Western Michigan University students who study outside of the United States in any of the following sessions or semesters are eligible to enter up to six photos—one per category— and one video from their study abroad experience:
- Summer II 2018
- Fall 2018
- Spring 2019
- Summer I 2019
- Summer II 2019
Three finalists from each category will be chosen by a selection committee; winners will be decided by the WMU campus community during the week of the 2019 WMU Study Abroad Fair. Prizes include a canvas print of the student photo.
Contest entry deadline: August 25, 2019.
The contest offers three categories and six subcategories for submissions. Applicants are limited to one entry per sub-category and may only win in one sub-category. Photos and videos must be high resolution—one megabyte or larger files. Contest categories:
Broncos in Action
The key to the following categories are candid and thoughtful photos of WMU students in action!
- Learning Abroad: Candid photos of WMU students engaged in learning activities inside or outside of the classroom.
- Cultural Activities: Candid photos of WMU students engaged and/or participating in local culture.
- Group Shots: A group of WMU students engaged in a study abroad course.
The key to the following categories are candid and thoughtful photos that give insight to local culture!
Locals: Photos of native people, local friends, cultural displays, etc., in your study abroad destination.
Places: Artful and interesting shots of buildings, monuments, landscape, architecture, nature, etc., in your study abroad destination.
Food: Photos of local foods in markets, being prepared, on the table, etc.
Study Abroad in 60 seconds:
The key to Study Abroad in 60 Seconds is to create a thoughtful video that gives insight to the study abroad experience in one minute or less.
- To Enter, please fill out the form below for Each submission
- One entry per sub-category.
- All photos submitted and considered for awards may be used by Study Abroad for website or print marketing.
- The winning photos and video will be displayed in the Study Abroad office and used for marketing purposes across campus.